Thursday, October 9, 2014

Bluff City Vegan Eats: 4 Dumplings

I've made homemade dumplings a time or two, and let me tell ya, all that stuffing and folding is a lot of work. More work than I'm willing to do most of the time. But thankfully, I've just discovered 4 Dumplings, a restaurant specializing in my favorite little stuffed Asian treats!

It's called 4 Dumplings because they offer four different dumpling fillings, and one of those happens to be vegan! The Vegan Dumplings are stuffed with a mixture of tofu and veggies, and they're served with a soy-vinegar dipping sauce. Every bite of these toasty dumplings is pure bliss.


Oh, and they're steamed, not fried. In fact, nothing is fried at 4 Dumplings. They specialize in low-fat, low-calorie, high-fiber meals. And there's no MSG or butter either. That's because the restaurant is owned by doctors, and they're all about getting folks to eat healthier to prevent disease. You gotta love it when doctors care about nutrition!

Although dumplings are their specialty, they also offer Spring Rolls. And in keeping with the healthy thing, they're baked, not fried. I loved the crispy edges and the salsa dipping sauce. The filling is similar (or maybe the same?) as the filling in the dumplings.


They have Noodle Bowls too, and you can order those vegan-style with tofu and veggies and peanut sauce. My friend Mike ordered this bowl, and I really wanted to stick my fork in and steal some. But he probably would have stabbed my hand off.


They even have Vegan Asian Tacos!! Cassi ordered these tofu and veggie tacos with corn tortillas. Again, wanted to steal. But I'll just have to go back soon and try those myself!


4 Dumplings, which is in the suburb of Germantown, is a bit far from my Midtown house, but I can see myself making the trip out there much more often now that I know how delicious this place is. And the service is quite nice. We were waited on by the general manager Katie, and she immediately told us all about 4 Dumplings' healthy ethics. Plus, there's not as much for vegans in the 'burbs, so it's nice that they can have great healthy options too.

4 Dumplings is located at 6515 Poplar, Suite 103. Call 901-762-4184 or email 4Dumplings@gmail.com.

2 comments:

Renard Moreau said...

[ Smiles ] Wow! Very nice vegan food!

Cate Lawrence said...

This all looks so delicious! I love the idea of the baked spring rolls, definitely going to try make my own