Thursday, November 10, 2016

Stuff I Ate

Hey y'all, I'm about to head to Atlanta VegFest! Come see me if you're in the area. I probably won't blog again until Tuesday, but I'll have lots of pics from the fest.

Before I get into my random collection of Stuff I Ate pics though, I wanted to share with y'all a link to a fund-raiser for A New Hope Sanctuary, an Athens, Georgia-based 501(c)3 non-profit sanctuary for animals rescued from the exotic pet trade, non-releasable wildlife, and farmed animals. The sanctuary's founder passed away this week, and the volunteers and staff are struggling to cope and manage the 25 animal residents in their care. They could use any help you can give! Here's that link.

Now onto the food. When my friend Greg was in town a couple weeks back, we had lunch at New Hong Kong. They have a secret vegan menu with lots of plant meats (ask for the menu at the counter). I went with the Mock Chicken and Vegetables.


Have y'all tried the new Beyond Meat frozen meals yet? They're so good! And they have so much protein! This is the Vegetarian Vietnamese Lemongrass. It's loaded with BM chicken, rice noodles, kale, mushrooms, and snap peas. And it has 20 grams of protein.


We had a four-hour arts programming future planning meeting at work last week, so we ordered in some lunch from Young Avenue Deli. I got the Hummus Wrap with added fried tofu. They have the softest, thickest pita bread.


And a cup of Vegetarian Chili (with okra and green beans!).


This morning, I had a post-run FitQuick Java Chip Protein Waffle Sandwich with maple PB Lean, Endangered Species Cocoa Spread, and banana.


Another breakfast I've been eating a lot — Sprouted Grain English Muffins with Hummus and Toasted Nuts and Seeds. Walnuts, sunflower seed, and hemp hearts.


This Fall Harvest Smoothie Bowl has been such a fun seasonal breakfast. I've had a couple of these this week. The smoothie is made with butternut squash, carrot, apple, macadamia milk, pumpkin spices, and Vega One Vanilla Chai powder, and it's topped with apple, dried cranberries, and Purely Elizabeth Granola.


Imagine Vegan Cafe is moving to a new location across the street from their old location. So Greg and I dropped in for one final meal before they closed for the move. I got the Vegetable Plate with vegan mac, brown sugar carrots, garlic kale, and mashed potatoes (they were out of gravy).


Speaking of mac and cheese, I had some leftover Cashew Mac & Cheese (from testing for my demo for ATL VegFest) and some leftover chili (see above). I made Chili Mac!


And here's a fun snacky meal — Gluten-free Bagel with Avocado Hummus and Olive Bar Snacks!


Okay, well I'll see y'all next week!

3 comments:

foodfeud said...

hummus and nuts on a sprouted english muffin! What an interesting idea. Sounds like a ton of protein for breakfast too, that's great.

Trixie said...

That waffle sandwich looks amazing!! How do you make it?

Bianca said...

Trixie, the waffle is made with FitQuick protein waffle mix, so I just combine the powder with a little plant milk and cook it in my wafflemaker. Super easy! I order the mix on VeganProteins.com