Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Stuff I Ate

Wow. It's been a long time since I've done one of these meal round-ups! I'll share a few pics today and some more tomorrow so we can get all caught up on all the delicious things I've been eating.

The last time I did a random meal round-up was before I went to Atlanta, and after I returned, I came back with some awesome Whole Foods and Trader Joe's finds. We don't have a TJ's here, and our Whole Foods doesn't carry some of the goodies I found in Nashville. Most importantly, I was FINALLY able to get my paws on those famous Trader Joe's Pumpkin Rolls. I bought two cans, and I'll probably hoard them all for myself.


I also picked up a Trader Joe's Super Spinach Salad (spinach, cranberries, quinoa, chickpeas, edamame, pumpkin seeds, and a carrot-miso dressing) and a fresh Pumpkin Juice to eat for lunch the day after I returned to Memphis. I knew I'd need a bit of a detox after all the doughnuts and ice cream and mushroom steaks and chocolate cake in Atlanta.


Another Atlanta score was Kite Hill Mushroom Ravioli! Our Whole Foods doesn't carry this, but theirs did. These amazing little ravioli were stuffed with a mix of wild mushrooms and almond ricotta. Enjoyed with a garlic marinara and vegan parm. Side of sauteed shaved Brussels and red potatoes.


And finally, I picked up some No Evil Foods Italian Sausages and Pure Abundance Cashew Cheese at the Atlanta Whole Foods. I made myself a little snack plate with chopped-up, sauteed sausage, cheese, crudites, and crackers.


Here's a random post-Thanksgiving meal. My mama made her homemade Vegan Cream of Celery Soup (the recipe is in Cookin' Crunk!) to use in her dressin' and hash brown casserole, but she had some left, so she sent me home with the leftovers. I had some one afternoon with a little sriracha and a dinner roll (also leftover from Thanksgiving).


Bibimbap! I met former Flyer coworkers Susan and Toby for a bibimbap lunch at Kwik Chek a couple weeks back. Rice, tofu, greens, cabbage, sprouts, carrots, and zucchini (or maybe cucumber?? couldn't tell).


And finally, one day last week, I grabbed some Spring Rolls from Midtown Crossing to eat at my desk at work. I had a little hummus pack, but it wasn't filling enough, so I picked these up since Midtown Crossing is just across the street from my office. They're stuffed with spinach, pecans, and homemade pickled veggies and served with wasabi vinaigrette.


Okay! More pics tomorrow!

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I love that super spinach salad so much from Trader Joe's!! And I would so love to try the Kite Hill ravioli, I've heard they're amazing. Basically I want one of everything you're having!!

Jennifer Parsley said...

Bianca - I am pretty sure our Whole Foods DOES have the Kite Hill ravioli. They are over in the CHEESE section, hiding on you. I still buy a few good cheeses for Simon and in the refrigerator case at the right end of the cheese counter, I am pretty sure there are Kite Hill VEGAN raviolis. Check it out next time.

Sarah Kate said...

Love the Kite Hill ravioli! Next time you go to Trader Joe's grab a "Super Burrito" . . . so dang good!

Susan said...

So many cool things that you can buy!