Monday, October 16, 2017

37th Birthday Weekend, Day 2!

Today is my birthday! Yay! But since it was a Monday birthday (and real talk, because I'm a Libra), I made this a 3-day birthday weekend! Last night, I posted about my birthday party with friends on Saturday night. And tonight, I'll post about my Sunday pre-birthday brunch and family dinner. I'll save the actual birthday pics for tomorrow night.


My BFF Sheridan and her partner Drew spent the night at my house on Saturday night since they live in Little Rock. So on Sunday morning, we woke up and went to brunch before they hit the road back home. Of course we went to Imagine Vegan Cafe! They had Fried Pickles with Ranch on special, so we started with that. Y'all know I love some fried pickles!


For my entree, I went with Vegan Fried Drumsticks with Ranch & BBQ Sauce, Vegan Mac & Cheese, & Collard Greens. BEST FRIED BRUNCH!!


Here's a pic of me and Sheridan at my house before they left town. We're both wearing Herbivore shirts!


Drew always makes the best videos when they come to visit, and he created this awesome birthday video from our Saturday and Sunday adventures.



After they left, Paul and I drove to Jonesboro, Arkansas for a birthday dinner with my parents.


I requested Totchos! So my mom made vegan chili, and she had vegan cheddar, sour cream, homemade guac, pickled jalapenos, and scallions. So good!


For dinner, she drizzled a Daiya New York Style Cheesecake with chocolate syrup and crumbled Oreos on top. We enjoyed this with Ben & Jerry's vegan Cherry Garcia. Yay birthday!


Okay, one more birthday post tomorrow, and I promise I'll stop with the birthday stuff — until next year!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

OMG all that food looks - WOW - WOW!!!!

I have to check out the video still but TOTALLY loving all the FUN!!!!

natalie said...

HBD!

When I discovered your blog last fall I thought, "Cool! A fellow vegan marathoner."
Today I'm shocked at the coincidence: we have the exact.same.birthday.!

Let's rock 3-7, K? :)

Bianca said...

Wow Natalie! That's so awesome!!!!! Happy birthday. We're like soul sisters. :-)

Hillary said...

Those drumsticks look so real it's almost scary! The totchos your mom made look amazing. I still haven't tried totchos and that seems like a big mistake on my part!

tas said...

Dang your bday meals look SO good. That brunch!!! Wow! Happy birthday! My friend is also a Libra and that first line CRACKS me up. :)

Sarah said...

Yay, looks like you had such an amazing birthday!!! All of the meals look amazing (I seriously need fried pickles in my life) and that cheesecake is everything! How did I not think to dress up a Daiya Cheezecake with yummy toppings! I'll have to do that when I finally get to try it!