Tuesday, October 3, 2017

More Stuff I Ate

It's part two of "random things Bianca ate"! We'll start with breakfast since that seems like a logical place to begin. I've been really into Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg lately, so I've been doing breakfast bowls and omelets. One morning last week, I made this Breakfast Bowl with Vegan Egg, kale, peppers, onions, and I Heart Keenwah toasted quinoa hot cereal.


I also made an Vegan Bacon & Cheese Omelet last week. It was post-workout, and I knew I needed some protein, so I made Soy Curl bacon in the air fryer (just Soy Curls marinated in maple and soy sauce and then air-fried until crisp -- if I made this again, I'd add Liquid Smoke). I also added mushrooms, peppers, kale, onion, and vegan cheddar.


This morning, I had one of my favorite breakfasts that I haven't had in a long time. Seeded Hummus Toast! This is sprouted grain toast with baba ganoush and toasted walnuts and sunflower seeds. Plus, hemp seeds.


I was a judge for the Mid-South Pride Parade this past weekend. We have our gay pride events in October down here because it's too hot during Pride Month in June. They treated the judges so well this year! VIP status with free vodka cocktails and beer, plus a build-your-own Burrito Bowl bar catered by Chipotle! I made this burrito bowl and washed it down with a screwdriver cocktail.


On Sunday morning, I was craving fried foods! I rarely eat fried stuff anymore, so when the urge hits me, I tend to treat myself. We met Pam at Imagine Vegan Cafe for her birthday brunch, and I ordered the Appetizer Sampler plate with vegan chicken tenders, buffalo wings, hush puppies, potato skins, and dogs in blankets. The dogs in blankets came out a little late, so they're not pictured here.


And finally, here's a healthy and delicious bowl I ate last night for dinner! Toasted quinoa topped with roasted broccoli, cauliflower, acorn squash, mushrooms, and sweet potato (all roasted in the air fryer) and Field Roast Mexican Chipotle sausage. It's all topped with a quick homemade cashew cheese. I used this recipe on my blog for inspiration.


3 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

The breakfast bowl and the omelette look so good! I'm struggling to make savoury breakfasts in hostel kitchens and just end up eating toast and yoghurt and granola every day.

Hillary said...

I still haven't tried the vegan egg. Your omelette looks so beautiful and delicious. I always struggled with making omelettes in my pregan days, I thin that's why I haven't tried the vegan egg.
Drool worthy meals as always!!

Unknown said...

I love that you make the time to volunteer, that's impressive while working full time too. Really great they had such a tasty vegan lunch option for you!
I need an imagine cafe in my life/neighborhood, every meal you have ever posted from them i want....especially those potato skins!
Ttrockwood