Friday, December 29, 2017

No Cow Protein Cookies

You know what I like better than a protein bar? A PROTEIN COOKIE. That's what! I often eat protein bars after my runs when I'm either not feeling a smoothie or just don't have time to make one. But No Cow (formerly D's Naturals) has come out with protein cookies, so now I'm eating cookies after my runs.

No Cow sent me some of their new protein cookies to review.


And they also sent me an assortment of their classic No Cow protein bars.


The cookies are fairly large, and they're only slightly sweet so they still feel pretty healthy after a workout. Each one has 12 grams of protein, which is great for re-fueling after my short runs. I typically opt for a higher-protein treat after my long runs. I loved the Peanut Butter the most of course! It had a super peanutty flavor. And then the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip was a close second. But Double Chocolate was pretty great too. These filled me up for about an hour after a run, until I had time to prepare a full meal.


I've long been a fan of the No Cow bars. They have that protein powder flavor that I crave after runs, and they're soft and chewy at the same time. Plus, they come in so many delicious flavors — Carrot Cake, Blueberry Cobbler, Mint Cacao Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Lemon Meringue Pie, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Crunchy Peanut Butter, and Raspberry Truffle.

I had the Crunchy Peanut Butter bar after I ran the St Jude Marathon earlier this month when my tummy was too upset to take in anything else. I get short-lived stomaches after really long runs, and it's hard to eat. But eating protein 30 minutes after a hard workout is crucial to recovery, and these bars are easy on the tummy.


I had a Raspberry Truffle Bar this week after a short trail run since I knew I wouldn't get a chance to eat again for a couple hours. Loved the dried raspberry bits in this!


These are solid, awesome protein cookies and bars, and I highly recommend them for vegan athletes. They're also super-portable since they're not chocolate-dipped. I've had many a Clif Builder Bar melt in the package when I've stashed them in my gear check bag at a race. These Now Cow cookies and bars can go anywhere without the mess!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oooh these sound great! You are right, protein cookies definitely for the win!