Monday, January 1, 2018

Reclaim & Revolt, Day 1

Happy New Year! As always, I'm starting the new year off with a wellness program. And this time, I'm more excited about it than ever! This year, I'm doing Reclaim & Revolt — a plan to hone in on personal power and find balance with physical, emotional, and spiritual health. It's run by four awesome ladies — Lacy Davis of Liberation Barbell, Kelsey Branca of Deep Sea Astrology, intuitive healer Erin Aquarian, and herbalist Hannah Syd.

Yes, there are recipes by Lacy! Yay! But this year, the focus is on so much more than food. Throughout the month, I'll be eating mostly whole foods, very little sugar, and probably not much gluten. I'm limiting alcohol to red wine (and only on weekends and special occasions). But I'm also focusing on astrology, the Tarot, meditation, gut health, and fitness. It's an all-around package for total health!

Each day, those who have signed up for the program get an email tailored to a specific area of health, and Mondays are dedicated to astrology with Kelsey Branca. Today, we learned about tonight's supermoon in Cancer and how that should encourage us to tune into our nurturing, emotional side.

As for food, since it was New Year's Day, and I was off work, I slept in and then had Lacy's Savory Chickpea Pancake topped with sauteed cabbage, broccoli, and mushrooms, avocado, and some cashew queso that I purchased from Lulu's Baked at the farmer's market this weekend. This was an amazing start to 2018!


I had that pancake pretty late in the morning, around 11 am. So I didn't plan anything for lunch, just had some snacks throughout the afternoon. I had Baby Carrots & Bell Pepper with Oil-Free Hummus.


And a banana.


For dinner, we had to have our traditional Hoppin' John for good luck in the new year. This wasn't one of Lacy's recipes but rather the same easy recipe I whip up every year. I just sauteed a couple cups of cabbage with some garlic and added a can of fire-roasted tomatoes and a can of blackeyed peas. We served this over brown rice. Yum!


I'm so excited to continue on the plan tomorrow as I return to work after an 11-day break. Glad to have my routine back!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I really love the sound of this plan! I always enjoy following your January resets and I'm looking forward to all of the wonderful posts to come this month! Happy New Year!

Hillary said...

I need to get some more chickpea flour, your pancake looks so good!!